Muccamukk

Muccamukk

The Radical King (King Legacy)
Martin Luther King Jr., Cornel West
Ancillary Justice
Ann Leckie

Fine, I guess.

Place to Belong - Claire Boston

This is the last book in a series, and while I was entirely able to follow what was happening, it involved going to all of the weddings of the previous three series couples, which is a lot of weddings. (On years where I've had a wedding every other weekend, my response is usually OMG! Stop getting married, people!) I'm not sure if being attached to the characters before hand would have made wedding hell a little easier or not.

So this was the author's first m/m romance (the rest of the series, and all her other books are f/m) and it kind of shows. It's ALL about coming out angst, and while none of the notes hit are offensive, it's like the weddings: too much. Sean is the saddest panda in the glen, and apparently has spent his entire life previous to now closeted in gibbering terror in small town Ireland, until he meets his blood family and his sister's PA, the smoking hot American gay man. The rest off the book is absolutely everyone giving Sean hugs and telling him it's going to be okay (spoiler alert: it is). Which is fine, if you're into a very high fluff to plot ratio, but made me a little tired of Sean by the end.

We get very little of what Hayden wants, aside from an Irish hottie who can enjoy PDA. He spends most of the book helping out with weddings and trying to lure Sean out of the closet with vaguely described sexual favours. There was a liiiiitle too much pressure to come out, especially to come out at work in rural Ireland, but I've read worse on that.

I was looking for a fluffy romance to counteract the very unfluffy litfic I was reading, and this was that. It was fine. I don't really plan to read other books by this author.