Muccamukk

Muccamukk

Jade City (The Green Bone Saga)
Fonda Lee
Progress: 131/552 pages
The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration
Isabel Wilkerson, Robin Miles
Storm in a Teacup: The Physics of Everyday Life
Helen Czerski

Keeping Her Pride (Ladies of the Pack, #1)

Keeping Her Pride (Ladies of the Pack, #1) - Lauren Esker One of my favourites by Esker (still doesn't top Guard Wolf, but probably edges out Dragon's Luck)! I really liked Debi and her slow road to understanding and redemption. I love how her vision of herself changed, and part of that was just a matter of realising that yes, she could put sugar in her coffee. The business plot took something of a back seat until the end, but it's a fast read, and I mostly loved watching Debi grow.

Fletcher wasn't my favourite hero, but he was solid and his issues made sense. His complicated relationship with his ex wife and their daughter made sense. I liked that the kid was there to be trouble as well as cute, as four year olds tend to be. She was pretty cute though.

Nice guest spots by various agents from the other books, but this was entirely readable as a stand alone. I haven't read Handcuffed to a Bear, where Debi first showed up, and followed it just fine.

(I got a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, which is horribly late. Sorry, Lauren!)