Muccamukk

Muccamukk

The Radical King (King Legacy)
Martin Luther King Jr., Cornel West
Ancillary Justice
Ann Leckie

The Stone Sky (The Broken Earth)

The Stone Sky (The Broken Earth) - N. K. Jemisin I think the best compliment that can go to this book is that it didn't let my expectations down. All the complications and ambiguities and history in the first two books are extended and do some extent explained, and I was left feeling content in the ending. I thought it would break my heart, but in the end it was just really, really satisfying.

I loved how the three (four by the end) character plots worked together, and how the many ends of the world tie together and we learn who everyone is. I especially liked Essun's developing relationship with her new comm, and all the characters there. Plus there are a couple set piece scenes that are flat out stunningly written. Should start over from the beginning once I have time.

(I was to some extent reminded of [b:The Book of Phoenix|23281789|The Book of Phoenix (Who Fears Death, #0.1)|Nnedi Okorafor|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1420605233s/23281789.jpg|42819726], especially in the backstory segments. Hoa and Phoenix have a lot in common, it turns out.)