Muccamukk

Muccamukk

The Radical King (King Legacy)
Martin Luther King Jr., Cornel West
Ancillary Justice
Ann Leckie

The Serpent Sea

The Serpent Sea - Martha Wells I like this series. A lot. This is the sequel to Cloud Roads, which you need to read first, but that's not a problem as you should be reading Cloud Roads. I liked this one even better than the first one. I'm trying not to spoil either of them, but the protagonist, Moon, spent the first book trying to figure out what the hell was going on and doing total culture shock. In this one, he's a bit more settled in, but there's still so much stuff that he doesn't get. Most of the book is a really fascinating look at how being that much of a cultural outsider works when you're suddenly part of a really tight-knit group. It's all relationship dynamics, and most of it is gorgeously subtle while still hitting all of my emotional kinks. Plus he's the only narrator, so some of it's figuring out what's going on no matter what he thinks is, which I enjoy. Also, hey, it's about shape shifting dragons fighting undead sea monsters. Really, there's not a lot to dislike in this book! I'm very much looking forward to the next in the series. I want to see more of what happens to these characters, and I want to see more of the world they live in. Would rec to anyone who likes secondary world fantasy with amazing world building and well thought out characterisation.