Muccamukk

Muccamukk

Jade City (The Green Bone Saga)
Fonda Lee
Progress: 131/552 pages
The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration
Isabel Wilkerson, Robin Miles
Storm in a Teacup: The Physics of Everyday Life
Helen Czerski

CYBERPUNK: MALAYSIA

CYBERPUNK: MALAYSIA - Zen Cho, Angeline Woon, Anna Tan, Sharmilla Ganesan, Terence Toh, Rafil Elyas, Ted Mahsun, William Tham Wai Liang, Kris Williamson, Adiwijaya Iskandar, Ai-May Chin, Tina Isaacs, Tariq Kamal, Zedeck Siew, Sek Han Foo Overall I enjoyed this collection. I will admit that a lot of the geographical references went over my head, but the cultural and political issues were fairly well laid out over the book.

As with any collection, the content varied, and I didn't finish some stories usually due to being unrelentingly grim, but most had a balance between dystopia and fight against oppression. The themes of personhood, surveillance and state oppression were pretty strongly represented, but many of the stories were humorous and some were hopeful.

It did make me curious about the definition of Cyberpunk, especially the punk part of that, and how that has evolved over the last thirty years or so.

(I got a copy of this book via goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. Then I lost the book so it's pretty horrifically late.)